Question PC problem. It turns on and off until i turn the switch off.

isoelite

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Hello everyone,
My pc suddenly shut down. When i try to turn it on, you see the mobo that it tries to start and after 2 sec pc turn off and automaticaly starts again to turn again off after 2 sec, and this goes forever until i turn the switch off.

I tried to remove all 4 ram sticks i have and only then it stays on, but the mobo says FE message on its little screen. Then i tried every stick in every slot for a total of 16 different combimations bit still the same loop.

By searching the internet and this forum, i removed and replaced the 2032 battery.Also pressed the cmos button, i replaced the cpu thermal paste.
Please help.

Cpu- 4790k
Mobo- Asus maximus hero VII
Ram- 4 x kingston hyperX beast 4gb
Ssd samsung evo
Psu- Corsair rm750 gold
NO GPU

Ralston18

Titan
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted wire insulation, kinked or pinched wires.

Look for discoloration: browned and/or blackened components, swollen components, scratches, cracks, bent components.

Also check all of the incoming power cables from wall outlet to pc. Ensure that they are all fully in place and tight.

Any interim surge protectors or power bars? If so test without them being used. Could be some electrical issue therein.

How did you replace the thermal paste - what procedure did you use? What brand and source thermal paste?

isoelite

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
I used rubbing alcohol to clean it and reapplied Arctic mx4 thermal paste. But ive been told that if it was heat problem the pc at least would boot and shut down after a while.Do you think is mobo fault and should replace it?