TF2Junkie

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
First time posting on this site, recently my PC has stopped working. It happened when I was playing Team Fortress 2 and all of a sudden my monitor turned off (like when you have the monitor off after your PC shuts down). So I proceeded to do a manual restart but the screen was still me dead.

This Happened to me before and it was due to a dead video card. So once again I switched out video cards and still it wouldn't display. After trying a few things, booting with no memory, checking my hard drive, taking out my video card nothing has worked. My cpu might be the problem but im not 100% sure, or it could be my psu. When it first died the CPU fan (aftermarket) dosen't work anymore but I have connected a 3 pin fan to the connector and it does work, so I don't think the motherboard is dead.

My build:
AMD phenom 955 black cpu
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
EVGA GTX 260
OCZ GameXStream 700W

Oh and 3 of the copper heads on the heatsink seem like they were burned in somehow (disformed). Not sure how that happened but they are. Also this MB doesn't come with a MB speaker so I don't hear any beeps *rage*! If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

ronaldwishart

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
next to your IDE connetor on your Mobo should be a 1/2/3 little LED lights. If the MoBO is getting power is should light up. Also, do the system fans spin up, or the HDD spin up?? If any of these happen the PSU is fine, and the problem points to your Mobo/CPU/RAM

If your heatsink looks de-formed it might be a good starting point....

Good luck!