Question PC PROBLEM

Sep 1, 2019
yesterday while i was playng bf4, the pc turn off it self and when tried to restart it was a red light on front of case and anotger light in motherboard amd i can't see anything on monitor and the off button of case stop work

CPU: athlon 200ge (no oc)
RAM: 4x2 gb 2666hz (no oc)
MOBO:MSI a320 m pro-e
GPU: GTX 460 SE (no oc)
HDD: 2 old hard disk 320 + 240 gb
PSU: fps hexa 400w
CASE: gamemax expedition

Ralston18

Titan
Use the motherboard's User Manual/Guide and the case's User Manual/Guide to determine what each of the lights actually is and what the light means if lit. (E.g., on or off, color, blinking, etc.)

Has the case ever been opened for cleaning and maintenance? Check that all components are fully and firmly seated and connected.

My first thought is that the PSU has failed.

However that is certainly a pre-mature determination without some additional information and investigation.

Reactions: kl4xy

Ralston18

Titan
CPU: Any prior signs of overheating? E.g., high temperatures?

Any sign(s) that the system is trying to boot and almost immediately shutting down? Could be that the thermal paste is no longer effective and needs to be redone.

Also could be that the CPU is not receiving power.

Clean the system and check connections.

Disconnect the second (non-booting) hard drive.

Try booting without the GPU. Use one of the motherboard's video connection ports.

Overall idea being to narrow the possible reasons as to why the computer will not boot.

Still leaning towards a PSU problem.

Reducing the power load may help or allow the PSU to function even if at a limited capacity.

PSU's can be tested to some extent. Not underload per se but if you discover one or more of voltages out of spec then the PSU will likely need replacement.

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it. Or have a family member friend that does?

If so, do some testing:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Sep 13, 2019
yesterday while i was playng bf4, the pc turn off it self and when tried to restart it was a red light on front of case and anotger light in motherboard amd i can't see anything on monitor and the off button of case stop work

CPU: athlon 200ge (no oc)
RAM: 4x2 gb 2666hz (no oc)
MOBO:MSI a320 m pro-e
GPU: GTX 460 SE (no oc)
HDD: 2 old hard disk 320 + 240 gb
PSU: fps hexa 400w
CASE: gamemax expedition
U can also check this
Remove and insert ram again