[SOLVED] PC problem

Feb 23, 2020
Hey, Im looking for some help regarding my pc and csgo. for a few months my csgo have randomly started getting chopy sometimes. It happens every other round and can be all from 1 to 10 seconds. It feels like I'm on 10 fps or low hz on the monitor even tho I got around 300 fps. Theres no change in the net graph at all and ping is the same. I reinstalled windows fresh today and same thing is happening. Its only happening on csgo and no other games, but csgo is the only game I have on my SSD. I've tried the game on my HDD aswell but still the same problem.

Solution
None of that stands out as being a potential issue. Next thing to do would be to monitor the hardware with Afterburner to see if any of the graphs show anything untoward happening during the game.

I suggest monitoring the following: CPU (all cores/threads), GPU and RAM frequencies and usages; CPU and GPU temperature; fps and frametimes; and page file. I doubt there's any data swapping between the RAM and drive though, but may as well be thorough.
May as well ask for PC specs to see if there's anything in particular there. Temperature sounds it should be okay, though will depend on the actual CPU.

Any recent changes which may have occurred? Windows update, drivers, etc?

Do you monitor hardware performance using, eg. MSI Afterburner, by any chance? That may help to give people an idea of a possible issue.

Feb 23, 2020
May as well ask for PC specs to see if there's anything in particular there. Temperature sounds it should be okay, though will depend on the actual CPU.

Any recent changes which may have occurred? Windows update, drivers, etc?

Do you monitor hardware performance using, eg. MSI Afterburner, by any chance? That may help to give people an idea of a possible issue.
Got i7-4790k (tried with both OC and without), rtx 2080 super (tried with OC with MSI afterburner and without) I had a gtx 970 and had the same problem then aswellmZ97X-Gaming 3 motherboard, 16GB ddr3 ram, 850w PSU. No recent changes or anything. Tried reinstalling windows fresh several times, different version aswell but none of that have fixed it. Played CS for years on this pc without any problems until this started to happen few months ago

None of that stands out as being a potential issue. Next thing to do would be to monitor the hardware with Afterburner to see if any of the graphs show anything untoward happening during the game.

I suggest monitoring the following: CPU (all cores/threads), GPU and RAM frequencies and usages; CPU and GPU temperature; fps and frametimes; and page file. I doubt there's any data swapping between the RAM and drive though, but may as well be thorough.

Solution