PC Problems, please help!

BlueGinger

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Hi

My home built PC seems to have packed up.

I have a Asus P4C800-E Motherboard with Intel CPU.

When I switch on, I get power to the PC, fans start spinning, but the following symptons:

- Nothing on the screen (not even the MOBO welcome)
- The CPU fan spins intermittently
- The hard disks do not seem to make any noise

I've checked the PSU with a tester - and have green lights there.

Any suggestions?

BlueGinger

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

Thanks Novuake,

I don't have another PSU to hand, but I'll see if I can borrow one, and will try that.

BlueGinger

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

Thanks Yasir,

No beep.

I've tried switching the RAM - without success.

anshari23

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
1. Replace the Power Supply used with the "sane", lot of choice are cheap but "sane", SpeedPower, Muscle Power (recommended), and others.
2. Try resetting the BIOS, then unplug the VGA and use the onboard VGA first. If using Onboard VGA out its VGA display which likely means it is "defect" on / off.
3. If the point number 2 works (with onboard VGA display out), try to plug another VGA monitor plugs but still in VGA Onboard, turn on the computer and go into the BIOS, set in the BIOS where the Display Unit as PCI_Express First Card. Save and restart the computer, remove the plug from the monitor to the VGA Onboard VGA Dedicated. If it is set that way and still not out display, VGA ensured his "defect"
4. Do not forget to check the RAM, if using 2 pieces of ram, try to uninstall both and install one piece just in slot2 mainboard alternately. I never experienced such a problem where one of the 2 pieces of ram I die so that the computer does not appear.

BlueGinger

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

Thanks Anshari,

I'll try those. Note that this mobo doesn't have onboard VGA. But I'll certainly try the other steps you've suggested, and will let you know the outcome.

BlueGinger

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

Latest posts