[SOLVED] PC Problems With Powering On

James Reynolds

Honorable
Mar 8, 2015
Over the last few days when I would attempt to power on my PC the front power button lights up, the cpu and case fans spin, and the graphics card lights up, but after a second it fails then automatically attempts to boot up again on repeat. However, today it is successfully staying powered on, but now the graphics card seems to be unresponsive. I tried plugging the dvi-d into the motherboard instead but it wont load the display (I also tried a HDMI). Worth noting that when it was unable to boot for longer than a second, the graphics card was lighting up, but now isn't.

Specs:
MSI GTX 970
Ballistix Sport XT 8GBx2
Intel i5
XFX XTR 750w
Asrock h97m pro4

Solution
It's old hardware so maybe the motherboard is starting to crap out. Can maybe try and clean the motherboard and even put new paste at cpu and even chipset cooler to see if that helps. Abit like this,

The Tech YES Lovin' Process in 2019 - (Build a Used PC Faster than ever) Tech YES City Geverifieerd • 14K weergaven Nieuw

how far you are wiling to go is up to you. Taking a brush to clean the motherboard and the changing of paste might be enough. Only other thing a can think of is that if a friend has the same kind of components you could test with his/hers pc and that also means they use ddr3 ram and the same socket cpu.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
It's old hardware so maybe the motherboard is starting to crap out. Can maybe try and clean the motherboard and even put new paste at cpu and even chipset cooler to see if that helps. Abit like this,

The Tech YES Lovin' Process in 2019 - (Build a Used PC Faster than ever) Tech YES City Geverifieerd • 14K weergaven Nieuw

how far you are wiling to go is up to you. Taking a brush to clean the motherboard and the changing of paste might be enough. Only other thing a can think of is that if a friend has the same kind of components you could test with his/hers pc and that also means they use ddr3 ram and the same socket cpu.

Solution