[SOLVED] PC problems

Dec 8, 2019
Hi I have an old PC with some old specs (see down below). I was going to buy a new graphics card because my games crashed even with the lowest settings. But it was hard to find a new graphics card because my other componets were so old. So i thought that i might ask you guys for help. Idk if there is a graphics card that can work in my computer or if I should buy alot of new components.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770
Mother Board: ASUS G10AC
RAM: 2 slots 8GB DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 192 bit

Solution
Your CPU is still decent. If you are in the new market something like a GTX 1650 Super or 1660 Super would be a good match.

As far as your crashing, if you 'ever reinstalled Windows you might want to start there. I know its a pain to backup data but a fresh install is recommended every few years.
Let's eliminate some other issues before spending money. While the PC is old, it's not that old; should still be fine.

What PSU? You don't mention it.

Do you use a hardware monitor software, eg. MSI Afterburner, while playing games?
Generally I would suggest monitoring CPU, GPU and RAM frequencies and usages; CPU and GPU temperatures; fps and frametimes; and page file.

In this case I would be wondering about temperatures more.

Windows and drivers all up to date?

Your CPU is still decent. If you are in the new market something like a GTX 1650 Super or 1660 Super would be a good match.

As far as your crashing, if you 'ever reinstalled Windows you might want to start there. I know its a pain to backup data but a fresh install is recommended every few years.

Solution