[SOLVED] Pc problems

Sep 29, 2020
I’m new to building PCs and I just built my first one by following the tutorial of how to build a PC by Tom’s hardware and the items that I bought are: ASUS Prime B550M-A, AMD RYZEN 5 3600x, AMD RADEON RX 5700 XT, ANTEC EAG PRO 750W, and VIPER GAMING MEMORY. when I turn it on nothing happens but if I remove the AMD RADEON RX 5700 XT then it does turn on but doesn’t connect to the monitor because it says no
HDMI signal because the AMD RYZEN 5 says that it needs a graphics card. Is it a problem with the graphics card or is there something else affecting it?

Solution
I’m new to building PCs and I just built my first one by following the tutorial of how to build a PC by Tom’s hardware and the items that I bought are: ASUS Prime B550M-A, AMD RYZEN 5 3600x, AMD RADEON RX 5700 XT, ANTEC EAG PRO 750W, and VIPER GAMING MEMORY. when I turn it on nothing happens but if I remove the AMD RADEON RX 5700 XT then it does turn on but doesn’t connect to the monitor because it says no
HDMI signal because the AMD RYZEN 5 says that it needs a graphics card. Is it a problem with the graphics card or is there something else affecting it?

It is probably driver related however your not the only one with this issue.
AMD have been working to provide a fix for some time.
At least a generic driver in Windows should...

It is probably driver related however your not the only one with this issue.
AMD have been working to provide a fix for some time.
At least a generic driver in Windows should give some display or your in trouble.

Are you or have you been able to get into Bios or the OS?
If so then boot into safe mode with internet. Go to the Radeon site and get the latest driver for your card.
Go here: https://www.amd.com/en/support.

If no go then try to borrow/ beg another card to test the PCIe slot on the Motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution