Question PC Problems

Jan 13, 2021
Hello, I'm writing today with a problem that's been bothering me for a little bit and since im not the best with computers to be honest couldn't figure my problems out and the guides i read online and everything i saw seemed to have a different problem so i'm lost at the moment and the only option to do is to the people here that have actual knowledge and could end my suffering.

So to start ill list my PC Specs:

CPU - R5 2600x

GPU - RX 570 8GB

RAM - Crucial Ballistix 2x8 3000mhz

PSU - Corsair CX 550M

Motherboard - ASRock AB350M - HDV

So now we come to the problem.

The problem started a while back and its been haunting me ever since. So everything used to be fine no problems nothing, everything running perfectly, then suddenly my ram started showing up as only 8 usable and 8 system reserved. I could fix that problem time to time so it shows up as 16 again but when i did the pc used to shutdown sometimes. Also while both RAM sticks is connected sometimes my PC starts running the coolers and it shutdowns after about 3-4 times it starts but then i see 8 ram usable again. But again this didnt happen when i had R3 1200 installed and there were no issues i had full 16GB no problems at all. But to make this scenario even worse when i had the same setup i have now these problems weren't occuring at that time.

So please if there is someone who could give all of the possibilities that could cause this sudden change and i mean i have no clue what or why happened when my pc used to run perfectly with the same specs, but now im encountering so many wierd problems that i can't explain.

To summarize things up i would love to see someone give me a solution or the knowledge to fix this problem or what might be causing it. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance. Have a good morning/day/evening/night

Jan 13, 2021
A friend of mine had very similar problems on a 6-year-old system. We looked at several things and he changed the power supply to a Seasonic and, like magic, all of his problems were fixed.

BTW, how old is this system? On what did you base your PSU purchase?
Hi, thanks for the reply. This system in general I'd say is about 2 years old max. The PSU was recommended by a friend when i was buying all of the parts since i was pretty green at the time in builds etc. And if you think it's the power supply do you have any recommendations that would be good for my current build.