Jake Purdy

Reputable
May 18, 2019
System specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M D23H
PSU: Corsair CX650M

Okay, so first things first the issues I'm having are a variety, and I'm personally leaning towards a motherboard or PSU issue. So originally the first issue I ever faced was I would
randomly lose display to my monitor, and my GPU fans would start spinning super super fast. That went away, and it's been a long while but now though my GPU fans don't spin fast,
My GPU will just lose display and the light will also be off indicating it wasn't getting power. After a hard reset my PC would turn on, but my GPU wouldn't,
occasionally now my CPU fan won't spin too when turning the PC on after the hard reset. The fix to get everything to turn on would be to reseat the GPU,
and now with the CPU fan occasionally not spinning, unplugging and re plugging in the CPU fan. I used a different display port on my GPU and a different
GPU power cable from my PSU and for a few days that seemed to fix everything, I had no issues. But after two days my PC randomly restarted at different times.
Once when I was just watching youtube, and another while playing GTAV. Another day passed and the random losing display with the GPU seeming to lose power
again happened. If I had to guess I'm thinking either PSU or motherboard, but I'd like some other ideas, and people who know far more then me to give their feedback.
I considered my GPU was overheating at one point, but with my CPU fan also just not powering on at times I feel as if it's something else.

Solution
Make sure your BIOS for the motherboard is up to date, then check and see what version of Windows 10 you're on. Following that, download the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site and then use DDU to uninstall your existing GPU drivers. Once you restart, install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

By different GPU power cable, you didn't use another PSU's cable, correct?

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure your BIOS for the motherboard is up to date, then check and see what version of Windows 10 you're on. Following that, download the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site and then use DDU to uninstall your existing GPU drivers. Once you restart, install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

By different GPU power cable, you didn't use another PSU's cable, correct?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS