Question PC Radomly Freezes Even With just Discord open ?

Nov 25, 2020
Hi I've had this PC for almost 2 years now and the specs are:

Gigabyte H310M H
GTX 1660 TI
CPU I5-8400
16GB RAM
1TB HDD / 500GB SDD
Eurotech 700W 80 PSU

For almost 2 years this PC worked fine but for the last month it has been freezing a lot. it freezes when im watching youtube or just in discord talking with some friends and when i play games (i only play Destiny 2 most of the time) and freezes/crashes the game. Sometimes im playing for hours and its fine, and other times i start the game i play for 15 minutes and crashes or starts stuttering and freezing,

I checked temperature and it never went above 75º sitting at 68-70 most of the time, i check anti virus everyday and it never flags up anything. I clean the pc every week so its not full of dust, and i dont know what else to do.

I'm not able to just buy a new one or even upgrade some of the parts. Two days ago for the first time the pc crashed completely twice a day with the message that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart." i cant remember the stop code.

i could really use some help because i use the PC for work too, and with the covid situation having the pc malfuntion and suddenly stop working would be really bad for me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS