Question PC Radomly Freezes Even With just Discord open ?

Nov 25, 2020
Hi I've had this PC for almost 2 years now and the specs are:

Gigabyte H310M H
GTX 1660 TI
CPU I5-8400
16GB RAM
1TB HDD / 500GB SDD
Eurotech 700W 80 PSU

For almost 2 years this PC worked fine but for the last month it has been freezing a lot. it freezes when im watching youtube or just in discord talking with some friends and when i play games (i only play Destiny 2 most of the time) and freezes/crashes the game. Sometimes im playing for hours and its fine, and other times i start the game i play for 15 minutes and crashes or starts stuttering and freezing,

I checked temperature and it never went above 75º sitting at 68-70 most of the time, i check anti virus everyday and it never flags up anything. I clean the pc every week so its not full of dust, and i dont know what else to do.

I'm not able to just buy a new one or even upgrade some of the parts. Two days ago for the first time the pc crashed completely twice a day with the message that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart." i cant remember the stop code.

i could really use some help because i use the PC for work too, and with the covid situation having the pc malfuntion and suddenly stop working would be really bad for me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts