Question PC random crashes and hard resets.

Apr 20, 2021
Hello, I am back again. I previously posted here when having issues with this exact rig. I was getting seemingly the same issue i'm having now where the PC would hard reset randomly and I went through a plethora of fixes and tests with a very helpful person on these forums all the while replacing the PSU 3 times (one being an old one and one being a brand new one off of amazon) I have replaced every single part in the computer except the CPU including the case.

I thought I had managed to fix the issue, I thought that the issue was me trying to use a single split PCIE cable for my GPU and it was causing the PC to die. The issue eventually stopped after swapping the cables and updating various softwares including bios, windows and various other ones namely.

After that issue had stopped I was running into a new issue, where my graphics driver would stop responding, my screen would go black and then it would recover a few moments later. I fixed this issue by updating bios on a new motherboard and doing a fresh install of my graphics drivers. I thought I was finally out of the woods after a month of the PC working like a dream. Then I went on a trip and came back a week later and i'm back at step one. The PC will randomly completely shut off and hard restart, I would say randomly but that's not necessarily true the issue will happen after a few hours of playing any normal PC game i.e. WoW, League, etc, however whenever I try and play VR games my PC will shut off within 5 minutes of launching the game, it even happened once right as soon as i tried and launching SteamVR (the program in which steam uses for Virtual Reality). I just am not sure what to do anymore, i'm tired and exhausted of trying to fix this computer.

I've reinstalled windows upwards of 15 times, I've RMA'd my graphics card, I've bought a new motherboard, I bought a new AIO (not that it matters really), my temps are fine inside and outside of gaming, I've done a few stress tests and I monitor them almost constantly while playing and they never get over 75C, I've swapped the RAM with different RAM I have lying around, I've updated what feels like a ton of software, I had an overclock on the CPU and I decided to try and reset my BIOS to default settings, still getting crashes. I'm sure the issue is somewhere within the parts that I think I've already ruled out, but I'm just not sure what to do anymore. Any advice is appreciated. Also, I never get a blue screen it just straight out turns off, and I have a minidump set up in windows settings but no minidump is ever created.

previous thread - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...le_fault-crashes.3699603/page-2#post-22335137

[mod edit: I added spacing and a link to previous post here for anyone who wants to help]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
notices it was him who helped in last thread... now I have added space and read most of it

Intel® Core™ Processor i9-10900KF
ASUS PRIME Z490-V

GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB
Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 240mm

) I have replaced every single part in the computer except the CPU including the case.

Thanks for the reply, i've ran the CPU test and everything has passed perfectly

hmmm

TRENDING THREADS