PC Random freezes.Help please

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
I assembled a new pc just a couple of weeks ago nd it worked fine using win 7 but a day ago while playing game the screen suddenly hangs - with the mouse nd keyboard...but after restartd there were no problems ... but today same way while playing game it froze! but now after restarting the pc hangs at the welcome screen :( ..nd some time it just goes to the desktop nd after a min it freezes.... i don't know what to do..

i have done everything restore,chkdsk ,edit startup..
ran prime95 but freezes right at start so no use..
but letting furmark run allows more time than usual.. so i ran prime95 along with furmark and it didn't hang for over an hour.. and saw runner #2 nd #3 shows hardware failure.. ran a couple of times and shows the same.

I'm very very dissappointed as this is my first build....somebody plssss help me out. :(

Corsair DDR3 4GB Desktop RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A11600C9)
Antec V1 Cabinet
seagate baraccuda 320 gb
Corsair VS 550 SMPS
Sapphire HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphic Card
Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard
AMD 4.4 GHz AM3+ FX 6-Core Edition FX-6300 (FD6300WMHKBOX) Processor
Antec V1 Cabinet

pls help
sorry if my english is bad.

Solution
Hi there Milin,

You can start with re seating your RAM. You can try installing it on another port as well. In order to completely rule out the RAM as a possible cause for the issue is to just borrow one from somebody.
Other thins you can do are:
- Update your GPU drivers.
- Test your HDD with a brand specific tool.
- Test your PSU. Unfortunately, again, the easiest way to do that is to just borrow one from somebody and try it on your system.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD
Hi there Milin,

You can start with re seating your RAM. You can try installing it on another port as well. In order to completely rule out the RAM as a possible cause for the issue is to just borrow one from somebody.
Other thins you can do are:
- Update your GPU drivers.
- Test your HDD with a brand specific tool.
- Test your PSU. Unfortunately, again, the easiest way to do that is to just borrow one from somebody and try it on your system.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Solution

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

I reset my ram and updated the drivers but still the problem persist.
i will be borrowing a ram and psu for testing as soon as possible and see if i can solve it.