[SOLVED] PC random restart

Jan 31, 2019
please i'm facing random restart and can't use pc for more than 15 mins without auto restart , I doubt in PSU please find the below details from hw monitor

CPUID HWMonitor Report
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware Monitors

Hardware monitor ITE IT87

Voltage 0 1.01 Volts [0x3F] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage 2 2.74 Volts [0xAB] (+3.3V)
Voltage 4 12.48 Volts [0xC3] (+12V)
Voltage 5 -5.63 Volts [0x58] (-12V)
Voltage 8 3.31 Volts [0xCF] (VBAT)

Temperature 0 30°C (86°F) [0x1E] (TMPIN0)
Temperature 1 25°C (77°F) [0x19] (TMPIN1)

Fan 0 3590 RPM [0xBC] (FANIN0)
Fan 1 945 RPM [0x2CA] (FANIN1)
Fan PWM 0 99 pc [0x7F] (FANPWM0)
Fan PWM 1 99 pc [0x7F] (FANPWM1)
Fan PWM 2 99 pc [0x7F] (FANPWM2)

ACPI timer 3.580 MHz
HPET timer 14.318 MHz
Perf timer 2.930 MHz
Sys timer 1.000 KHz

Powers
Package 33.82W

Processors Information

Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 3 (max 3)
Number of threads 3 (max 3)
Name AMD Athlon II X3 440
Codename Rana
Specification AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 440 Processor
Package Socket AM3 (938)

Solution
the 3.3v is out of spec if the numbers provided are accurate. spec is 5% plus or minus. range for 3.3V is 3.135-3.465 Volts.
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for three passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than three passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the 3.3v is out of spec if the numbers provided are accurate. spec is 5% plus or minus. range for 3.3V is 3.135-3.465 Volts.
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for three passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than three passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the USB and await reboot.
end canned rant

Solution

TRENDING THREADS