[SOLVED] PC RANDOM SHUTDOWNS

Apr 18, 2020
Hey fellas I need some dire help. My pc randomly reboots and I can't figure out what it might be. I think I've tried everything. Right now ive boiled it down to the PSU and CPU. Ive ran my ram thru memtest ive done prime95 and aida64 for my cpu sake and everything is fine. I always thought it was my GPU so i got an rma and its still happening. The techs told me that the GPU was fine when they tested but still sent a new one. Before crash dumps was pointing to a possible GPU driver but now they only say "critical" kernel-power event ID-41 task category 63. I did get a few other warnings that just started popping out. some display warnings saying "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." event ID 4101. That actually now just happened just as ive had enough and decided maybe i can seek help. This is a brand new build its only a couple months old but since i built it i feel like i might've messed up somwhere. Is there an awesome genius out there who can help me diagnosis my PC.
Thank you in advance. Have a good day stay safe out there.

PC:
CPU: 3700X
MB: X570 MEG UNIFY
CPU cooler: ARTIC freezer 2 360 aio
PSU: corsair rm 850
ram: trident z neo 3600mhz cl 16

Solution
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the USB and await reboot.
end canned rant

Solution
Apr 18, 2020
I haven't tried running the memtest overnight after it ends is there a way to keep it on a loop? And driver wise I honestly think I have everything up to date but i am new and am not fully sure. For sure i have the latest bios from msi ive download the chipset driver from amd..i do have another 650watt psu but it doesnt have extra 8 pins for the GPU to be able to run that. other than that no other psu...i could go to best buy and get one and just return it after my testing.

Apr 18, 2020
I installed the latest chipset driver. Pretty sure I had done this already but I installed the AMD chipset driver again. Im going to install latest bios driver even though its a beta hopefully this fixes the issue.