Question PC randomly turns itself on ?

Jul 20, 2024
Hey all. So a little while back I completed my first pc upgrade and upgraded my Mum's PC with a MB & Ram off Fb Mktplace and all is working. However the pc randomly turns itself on at times and I wasn't able to see anything in the BIOS that had it set to auto-boot at any stage. The MB is an ASRock H97M Pro4.
I've installed Windows 10 Home. Any ideas on where to look and what needs to be changed?

TIA.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Are you certain that the PC is truly off and just not in some sleep/hibernation?

Is the computer on a network? How connected?

How do you turn the PC off?

Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer. Either one or both tools may be logging some event regarding the PC turning itself on again.

Start with Reliability History/Monitor. Much more end user friendly and the time line format may reveal some pattern of events.

Hey all. So a little while back I completed my first pc upgrade and upgraded my Mum's PC with a MB & Ram off Fb Mktplace and all is working. However the pc randomly turns itself on at times and I wasn't able to see anything in the BIOS that had it set to auto-boot at any stage. The MB is an ASRock H97M Pro4.
I've installed Windows 10 Home. Any ideas on where to look and what needs to be changed?

TIA.
When you shutdown the pc power off the modem.....test.