[SOLVED] PC randomly “cuts power” on shutdown

Aug 16, 2020
Normally when I shutdown my PC it turns off but keeps power to some of the parts as some LEDs stay on, but randomly when i shutdown my pc power is completely cut and I have to flip the switch on the power supply off and on to be able to turn it on again. When this happend it has actually damaged some of the devices I had plugged in as it tried the USB connection on the devices (it has fried my speaker’s usb port, my headphones base station usb port, and just recently completed fried an xbox controller). The bios is also reset every time this happens as well as if I shut off the power supply normally. Also when turning it back on, the computer will power cycle around 5 times staying in longer each time until it will stay on and boot completely.

Last edited:
Solution
yes a surge protector and a lightning.
But I also think that you should take out all the components.
clean all of it up
assemble back
particularly inside the power supply.

Yesterday I took out my own power supply
I manage to desolder the contact of the incoming power plug and put back some solder.
because the connector to the power supply was a warm.
and it solve that problem then after turning it on and even run better and faster.
WOW!

simonyeeklang

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 22, 2011
yes a surge protector and a lightning.
But I also think that you should take out all the components.
clean all of it up
assemble back
particularly inside the power supply.

Yesterday I took out my own power supply
I manage to desolder the contact of the incoming power plug and put back some solder.
because the connector to the power supply was a warm.
and it solve that problem then after turning it on and even run better and faster.
WOW!

Solution