Question PC Randomly Black Screen and Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2023
My new rig has been randomly black screening and restarting. Most times it will happen while gaming but it also has happened while watching YouTube or even during idle, usually 2-3 times a day but sometimes more
My specs are
MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B650 A-Gaming Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4080 - GIGABYTE AERO OC
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM 5200 2x16 - CMT32GX5M2B5200C40W
PSU: Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold
Chassis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo

I have looked at every forum under the sun to try to fix this issue, updating all drivers and even BIOS, but the PC still crashes
The only information I can give is the event log that precedes every crash:
File System Filter 'npsvctrig' (10.0, ‎2025‎-‎01‎-‎05T20:41:12.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
File System Filter 'FileCrypt' (10.0, ‎2002‎-‎03‎-‎01T05:12:42.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager.
Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume3) is healthy. No action is needed.
File System Filter 'WdFilter' (10.0, ‎2046‎-‎12‎-‎27T21:44:16.000000000Z) has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager

I am almost certain this is not a hardware issue as the PC was functioning perfectly for almost a week and then the issues began cropping up.
If anyone else has experienced this or has a solution, I am begging for your help!
Thank you

Last edited:
I don't know about you, but for me it's easier to just reinstall windows than to chase my tail trying to figure out what is causing the disruption within windows. if you do a fresh install or if you haven't. make sure MB BIOS is up to date along with MB CHIPSET, WIFI/LAN, and AUDIO and GPU drivers as well.

Jan 6, 2023
Appreciate the reply. MB BIOS is completely up to date and I've done 2 completely fresh installs of Windows to try and fix the problem. I did not actually update the WIFI/LAN drivers as I didn't think that it could cause a full system shutdown if not up to date.
I'll reply to this thread again if the crashes continue but hopefully the updated driver fixed it.

Jan 6, 2023
Another reboot, but after that I noticed that I was using the power supply cable (the one that goes from the outlet to the PSU) from my old power supply on my old rig which was a Corsair CX600. Not sure if this makes a difference, but no reboots since I swapped to the cable for my power supply. Definitely possible one will happen again but I certainly hope that swap fixed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.