[SOLVED] PC randomly broke after 2 years of use. CPU not being detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2020
I've had this PC for about 2 years now. My problem started in April when one morning my PC wouldn't boot up. The debug leds on the motherboard said it was the DRAM. So fair enough I tried swapping out the memory sticks and I managed to start the PC succesfully with one stick. I bought a replacement stick and went on with life.

Fast forward to middle of August, my PC wouldn't boot up again. This time the CPU led was on. The main system fan wasn't spinning and the led under the power button wouldn't light up, keyboard leds all three on and no screen at all. Everything else: CPU fan, GPU fans, Front fans, motherboard RGB lights were working. l left the PC to run for about ten minutes and it would eventually boot up properly and have no problem running. I even ran stress tests and diagnostics but everything seemed okay. This issue would appear time to time and the PC would eventually start.

One day it wouldn't boot up no matter how long I waited. That's when I decided to send it to a PC shop. They cleaned the all the dust, reapplied thermal paste and it actually got fixed for about a month. Same issue appeared, this time I sent back the motherboard, CPU, RAM for warranty. Guess what, they found nothing. Even the RAM stick I thought was broken is actually fine according to them. Last thing to test was my power supply, so I installed it in a different PC and it worked flawlessly.

I'm at the end of my wits here. Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.