Question PC Randomly BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus8h

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
Hey everyone,

So I just built a new PC and I'm seeing BSOD every now and then when I boot up a game.

The issue is that whenever I am gaming or doing something intensive, there's the odd time it will Blue Screen and restart on me. I'm not sure what is causing this. But I don't like the instability.

I ran memtest86 overnight and received no errors and all tests passed. So that rules out it being a bad stick right? I also have not modified any bios settings for the ram, just turned on XMP profile 1.

System:
I am going to assume its some sort of configuration setting but I am not sure. Any help would be great.

I downloaded BlueScreenView to see the logs and it looks like it is failing due to:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e ffffffffc0000005 fffff80626e88df6 0000000000000000 ffffffffffffffff ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+3f71d0 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.19041.1237 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+3f71d0 C:\Windows\Minidump\091921-12343-01.dmp 16 15 19041 3,093,060 2021-09-19 1:08:44 PM

Colif

Win 11 Master
is that 2 sets or just two sticks?

Updated bios?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running with 1 stick and see if you still get the errors.

I know they pass Memtest but 2 individual sticks aren't guaranteed to work together. Sets are tested to work together.
There is always a chance when you buy sticks apart, even at same time from same store.

It might not be ram, but its worth trying.

gardenman

Splendid
I'm unable to access the dump files. It's asking for a log-in. Be sure the files are publicly available to anyone and repost the link. Also, always put new dump files into a new folder (or zip) each time, and provide a new link each time. Thanks.

marcus8h

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
I'm unable to access the dump files. It's asking for a log-in. Be sure the files are publicly available to anyone and repost the link. Also, always put new dump files into a new folder (or zip) each time, and provide a new link each time. Thanks.
Thanks for letting me know. Ive updated the sharing settings. You should have access now

Status
Not open for further replies.