[SOLVED] PC randomly completely crashing

Sep 20, 2021
Hello,

A while ago one of my PC started having a weird issue, where it completely goes black, loses all power to ports and the fans turn up. This issue is only prevalent on one game and that is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This game is by no means CPU-intensive and I have no idea why this is occurring. Another fact that I think it worth noting, is that it is only happens while I am on the menu screen. This isn't happening in any other game and I am left stumped on this issue. I know my PC isn't great, but my other PC (which is significantly worse) runs CS:GO like a champ. I've left my specs below and would appreciate any feedback.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-channel @ 1328MHz (16-18-18-38)
Motherboard: ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 (AM4):
Graphics: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics (ATI)
PSU: 450W

Thanks in advance,
Tiaan
(Sorry if this is difficult to read, English isn't my first language.)

Solution
If this is in Steam. You could try checking the games local files to see if your install is bad. This can be done by doing the following:
  • Right click the game in question SELECT the properties... option .
  • SELECT the LOCAL FILES header from the left pane.
  • SELECT the Verify integrity of game files... option
Also are there any more symptoms you may of overlooked that could help one of us to better diagnose the root of the problem?

itsduhhbzz

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
If this is in Steam. You could try checking the games local files to see if your install is bad. This can be done by doing the following:
  • Right click the game in question SELECT the properties... option .
  • SELECT the LOCAL FILES header from the left pane.
  • SELECT the Verify integrity of game files... option
Also are there any more symptoms you may of overlooked that could help one of us to better diagnose the root of the problem?

Solution