Question PC Randomly Crashes

Aphen1213

Prominent
May 24, 2019
Hi as the title says,why my pc is crashing randomly,but it only happens while im gaming,and it happens only in few title like outlast 1 and 2,PUBG
im perfectly fine with games like dota,but when go i play outlast and PUBG,it will crashes and the crash is so random not like in 1 or 2 minutes,
it just so random sometimes i can play for like 20 minute but sometimes 5 minute into the game and im crashed.
the crash like,my pc froze with blank display and i must restart it wether to pull off the cord from the wall or hold the power button my chassis in order to got back into windows and when i greeted into windows the windows showing me notification like "default radeon wattman setting has been applied due to unexpected power",or sometimes it just not blank it shows solid color like blue,red,green etc

my pc specification is:
Ryzen5 1500x
ASRock a320m-HDV
Team Elite Plus 2x4 RAM
RX560D 4GB
Cooler Master MWE 450W 80+white
500gb hardisk
250gb ssd Samsung evo 860

thanks

At a first glance, it seems the PSU is not providing enough power to the Video Card. Did you make sure you connected the correct 12v rail from the PSU to the Video Card? Usually, you don't want to use the same 12V rail shared with the disk drives and other components (like fans).

The other option is the PSU just can't provide enough power to the GPU and the rest of the PC.

EDIT: Oh, that PSU is single rail configuration... That's odd then. Second alternative is the Video Card is overheating or has a problem with the default voltages. Try doing a clean install of the drivers and do not use the OC stuff.

Cheers!

Aphen1213

Prominent
May 24, 2019
At a first glance, it seems the PSU is not providing enough power to the Video Card. Did you make sure you connected the correct 12v rail from the PSU to the Video Card? Usually, you don't want to use the same 12V rail shared with the disk drives and other components (like fans).

The other option is the PSU just can't provide enough power to the GPU and the rest of the PC.

EDIT: Oh, that PSU is single rail configuration... That's odd then. Second alternative is the Video Card is overheating or has a problem with the default voltages. Try doing a clean install of the drivers and do not use the OC stuff.

Cheers!
i never oc'ed anything,and whats that mean if my PSU is single Rail,what should i get then
thanks for your fast reply

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019

Cheers!

Yea I think that the GPU is throttling, I had the same issue with my Vega 64 until I under-volted it. My suggestion would be to under-volt it to see if you can get it to run a bit more efficient. How old is the GPU?

Aphen1213

Prominent
May 24, 2019
Yea I think that the GPU is throttling, I had the same issue with my Vega 64 until I under-volted it. My suggestion would be to under-volt it to see if you can get it to run a bit more efficient. How old is the GPU?
2-3 years old,had new thermal compound in it (arctic cooling MX4) 47c idle is that normal ?

That is quite a high IDLE temperature. Also, you need to re-paste it every 2 years if you're using MX4 compound, specially on GPUs. In fact, I don't think you can use MX4 on GPUs as the thermal properties are different from CPUs? I've used Artic Silver 5 with GPUs with great success though.

Cheers!

Aphen1213

Prominent
May 24, 2019
That is quite a high IDLE temperature. Also, you need to re-paste it every 2 years if you're using MX4 compound, specially on GPUs. In fact, I don't think you can use MX4 on GPUs as the thermal properties are different from CPUs? I've used Artic Silver 5 with GPUs with great success though.

Cheers!
before i changing the paste its still appears to crashes so i change the paste in hope the heat will get down,and it appears to no affecting anything

Aphen1213

Prominent
May 24, 2019
Quick Update I ran Memtest86
4 passes with 0 error took me around 2 hours,And I Ran games benchmark "Grid 2" looping for around 5 times with no crash,
I just ran the default factory setting of my GPU,no undervolt/underclock Yet...

EDIT:
Ran Outlast 2 and just crashed again not even 2 min in the game it suddenly crash when I getting to the game

Last edited:

Aphen1213

Prominent
May 24, 2019
FIXED!!!

It was the Ram timing,the Advertised timing is 19-19-19-43@2666mhz and on the bios i set it on auto,somehow i was just curious about the timing and see,so i drop down and set the timing manually,and i see different timing it was 18-18-18-38 so i set as it was on the stick and its fixed the crashes,my memory seems cannot stand the CL18 timing.

TRENDING THREADS