Question PC randomly freezes after upgrading several components - UPDATE - freeze is for 30-60 seconds

Jan 30, 2023
So i have this issue on my PC - random freeze without full load , stress test were passed succesfully - OCCT 30 mins , gaming 1hour+
RAM is not on the Gigabyte MB list , but is on the Kingston site as supported . very weird

MB - GB B550 Pro - P latest BIOS , currently on default settings
CPU - was 5600X - upgraded to new 5900X
GPU - was 6700 XT - upgraded to new 7900 XT
32GB RAM Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3200 ( unstable at 3200, used at 2400 but with the new CPU even 2400 is unstable ) KF432C16BB1K2/32
PSU - 850w gold

Because i had a freeze even with the 5600X when RAM was set on XMP profile 3200, i kinda blame the RAM, but the problem is now i get freezes even at 2400 ...
Tested out different settings from Bios on RAM, nothing worked .
Yesterday i had 4 hours very stable gaming/stressing and today freeze after 20 minutes browsing.
I had 0 issue with the RAM at 2400 and 5600X - not one freeze

Temperatures are ok - GPU max 70, CPU max 79-80 full load
No Windows errors, RAM tested and it's ok
Any ideas?

Ralston18

Titan
Any error codes in Reliability History and/or Event Viewer that were captured just before or at the time of the freezes?

PSU: noted 850 watts. What make and model PSU. Age, condition? History of heavy use for gaming or video editing?

RAM:

"RAM is not on the Gigabyte MB list , but is on the Kingston site as supported . very weird "

Consider that the Kingston site is in error. Many websites simply copy and paste specs with little attention to details that matter. Go to other RAM manufacturers and check what RAM they list for the GB550 Pro. Verify the listed specs.

RAM - matched kit for dual channel use?

Check the motherboard's User Guide and Gigabyte's website for supported RAM and RAM configurations. Also check any FAQs and Forums.

Pay close attention to the fine print, notes, warnings, etc.. For example, some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM stick be placed in a specific slot.

Jan 30, 2023
Any error codes in Reliability History and/or Event Viewer that were captured just before or at the time of the freezes?

PSU: noted 850 watts. What make and model PSU. Age, condition? History of heavy use for gaming or video editing?

RAM:

"RAM is not on the Gigabyte MB list , but is on the Kingston site as supported . very weird "

Consider that the Kingston site is in error. Many websites simply copy and paste specs with little attention to details that matter. Go to other RAM manufacturers and check what RAM they list for the GB550 Pro. Verify the listed specs.

RAM - matched kit for dual channel use?

Check the motherboard's User Guide and Gigabyte's website for supported RAM and RAM configurations. Also check any FAQs and Forums.

Pay close attention to the fine print, notes, warnings, etc.. For example, some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM stick be placed in a specific slot.
Hello,
1.Absolutely no error codes in event viewer .
2.RAM is a dual KIT 32GB / Dual Channel enabled
3.GB B550 Pro says some Hyperx are supported , but not fury beast ( at least in my config) .
The hyperx has completely other PN and the chip is Hynix, i have Samsung - which is supported on some PN, but completely other latencies.
4.My PN isnt supported on the MB list , as i double checked :/

As i said, RAM worked perfect ( on 2400 ) with Ryzen 5 5600X , the problems occured after upgrading tu R9 .
5. PSU is this :
Inaza Reactor, 80+ Gold, 850W - reviews are very good in Ro - tested on much better systems and no problems.
Modular, entry-mid level.

6. PC doesnt reset, it remains stuck ( also tested FULL LOAD) and it was very stable !
So the system doesnt have issues full load ...

I also read about some W11 bug that freezes the PC ( for 20-30 seconds - only AMD ) , but i just read about it and i reset the PC after 10 seconds as it was obvious it was stuck )

Ralston18

Titan
If any component is not clearly supported then that component is a suspect.

And some unsupported components may work: "sort-of" - with on-going problems.

Then some change makes things even worse.

Roll back to a build where all installed components are explicitly supported and each component is known to work without problems.

Immediate objective being to re-establish a stable build with steady performance.