Question PC randomly freeze, couldn't run a full heaven engine

Sep 26, 2021
Hi all,

So I was playing Genshin Impact and it suddenly froze. From then on my computer would freeze randomly and more often if I’m playing a game. Initially I thought it was the graphic card, so I brought it to the warehouse for replacement. They run the graphic card on their test kit with a heaven benchmark and it works fine. But if I were to run heaven benchmark, it would freeze and have to hard reset the computer. Would really love to receive any advice/suggestion as to how to fix this. Thank you so much in advance.

PS: when it freeze, the BGM from the game would still be playing. and clicking random key on keyboard and mouse would provide sound effect.

Computer Specs:
I5-8400 2.8GHz 6-core processor
NZXT - Kraken X52 liquid CPU cooler
ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming
Corsair - 16GB DDR4 - 2666 Memory
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Cerberus
Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze certified Semi-Modular ATX Power supply

You can try a few things-monitor your temps and see if anything out of the ordinary shows up. You can try doing a clean install of your display drivers-this would mean using DDU in safe mode to remove all existing video drivers and the installing the latest package from (in your case) Nvidia.

Sep 26, 2021
Thank you for your suggestion! I been using NZXT CAM to monitor temps, but everything seems to be within normal temperature. Will try to clean install display driver!

Sep 26, 2021
Hi! I did a clean install of my display driver, it seems like it would run slightly further in the heaven benchmark but it would still freeze. Below image is the last data before my desktop freezes(NZXT CAM).

https://ibb.co/m5tYDbh

PS: when it freeze, the BGM from the game would still be playing. and clicking random key on keyboard and mouse would provide sound effect(Does this mean anything?)