Question PC Randomly Freezes Every 5 or so minutes - BUT ITS DIFFERENT

Mar 4, 2019
So my pc has recently started freezing every 5-10 minutes when doing anything on my computer.
This is a weird situation, as I have noticed that it is only on my selected window;
I can not exit or alt tab out of the window, but I have noticed that when running apps such as discord overlay, it has frozen whilst my csgo game is still running smoothly in the background.
Would anyone be able to help with this problem?

My specs are;
Gigabyte Radeon Rx460
MSI A320M Grenade AM4 socket (Not sure if this is the right "grenade" mobo)
AMD Athlon x4 880K (with stock cooler)
8GB 2133Hz G.Skill Memory
Kingston 500gb SSD
WD Blue 1TB Hardrive
EVGA 500/550 Watt 80+ Bronze PSU
Asus VP228HE Monitor 1920x1080p

My system is a couple years old by now...
I recently installed the SSD, and the problem started occuring around 2-3weeks after that installation..
I am unaware of what to do.

I have seen that there have been other people reporting problems with the 880K, and so I would just like some clarification.

Please tell me if you have any tips.

Ty all,
TheUglyMac

Mar 4, 2019
What temperatures are you reaching under loads? CPU and GPU?
If you're saying the issue also started occuring shortly after installing an SSD - it won't hurt to run SFC and CHKDSK.

ummm I have no idea what an SFC or CHKDSK is, but I have just booted up my pc on my hard drive.
So far, after 20 mins of general processes and browzing, but no gaming, the pc has not frozen...
Although ordering the ssd on amazon, it came 2weeks late from a place in the Netherlands. I think it may be a fault ssd/bad provider.
Please let me know where to download these programs.

And ty for ur answer

Saberdragon18

Reputable
Feb 24, 2016
ummm I have no idea what an SFC or CHKDSK is, but I have just booted up my pc on my hard drive.
So far, after 20 mins of general processes and browzing, but no gaming, the pc has not frozen...
Although ordering the ssd on amazon, it came 2weeks late from a place in the Netherlands. I think it may be a fault ssd/bad provider.
Please let me know where to download these programs.

And ty for ur answer
You run SFC and CHKDSK from Command prompt. Here is a link on how to run it. This is for Windows 10. For windows 7 you would do the same but have to pull up the cmd prompt differently. https://www.howto-connect.com/sfc-scannow-dism-exe-chkdsk-windows-10/