Question PC Randomly Freezes, Have To Hard Reboot It

Jan 11, 2021
Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 770
MOBO - MS-7693
8GB Ram
PSU - Rosewill 750 W 80+ Bronze (Has been changed to a Corsair RM Series RM750 80+ Gold now)

Been having this issue for a while now where my computer will just randomly freeze on me and I'll have to hard reboot it (hold the power button on the tower), it starts out slow but then it starts happening more and more frequently. This was my gaming PC way back when but now I'm trying to have it act as a Plex server. I've taken it into a shop and they scanned it but couldn't find anything wrong with it, I myself also scanned the RAM and did a S.M.A.R.T scan and it came back with both that everything was fine. I've replaced the PSU as you can see above also hoping that would be the issue. If I do a factory reset it'll temporarily fix the freezing for about a month then it'll start happening again. Is there any other tests I've missed that I can run? If not what order should I replace the parts or should I just get a new build?

Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Windows 10? Version?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times that the PC freezes.

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Did the shop check that all installed components were fully and firmly in place/connected?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS