Question PC randomly freezes nearly every week. Unsure what is going on.

Jul 1, 2020
Hi, I've just build a new Z490 PC but seem to run into an odd and annoying issue that forces me to restart my pc. When in use my PC would just randomly freeze, even when its idling . My monitor continues to display and mouse continues to moves but if I click on a program nothing will open up. I CANT access task manager from the keyboard shortcut, not even lock the PC. Its happened 3 times now and the most ive figured out is that I can navigate to the windows shell icon but after a while even that will freeze.

What is very weird is that the RGB on my RAM will go out of sync too. CPU fans dont speed up and remain quiet so I can only assume that the CPU load isnt spiking. CPU idle temp is 27 cel.

I've checked event logger but all I can see is DistributedCOM 10016 but I don't know what that is.

I've also recently updated by BIOS.

Thank you

PC SPECS:
ASUS Z490 Gaming-G (mATX)
Intel Core i7-10700k
Noctua U12A
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB (3200mhz)
Silverstone Prime PX 850w

Most of the day im running a professional finance software called Thomson Reuters EIKON. Could this be the issue?

Aug 2, 2020
Do you have any USB-headsets connected? had the same issue with my Z490/10700k build. (Would freeze atleast once every 1-2 days. Even in idle)

Saw this event after my computer froze last time, and looks like my Hyper X Cloud II caused the issue:

The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

As soon as I unplugged the USB-headset, I have not experienced any freeze since. (Been using my computer for 3-4 days now)

Jul 1, 2020
Do you have any USB-headsets connected? had the same issue with my Z490/10700k build. (Would freeze atleast once every 1-2 days. Even in idle)

Saw this event after my computer froze last time, and looks like my Hyper X Cloud II caused the issue:

The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

As soon as I unplugged the USB-headset, I have not experienced any freeze since. (Been using my computer for 3-4 days now)
Hmm that is quite interesting. I have some Logitech speakers plugged in via USB but I don't think that was the problem. I uninstalled Corsair RGB Software and I have not frozen since. It has been about a month since my last freeze and that was when I removed the Corsair software.

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
Hi, I've just build a new Z490 PC but seem to run into an odd and annoying issue that forces me to restart my pc. When in use my PC would just randomly freeze, even when its idling . My monitor continues to display and mouse continues to moves but if I click on a program nothing will open up. I CANT access task manager from the keyboard shortcut, not even lock the PC. Its happened 3 times now and the most ive figured out is that I can navigate to the windows shell icon but after a while even that will freeze.

What is very weird is that the RGB on my RAM will go out of sync too. CPU fans dont speed up and remain quiet so I can only assume that the CPU load isnt spiking. CPU idle temp is 27 cel.

I've checked event logger but all I can see is DistributedCOM 10016 but I don't know what that is.

I've also recently updated by BIOS.

Thank you

PC SPECS:
ASUS Z490 Gaming-G (mATX)
Intel Core i7-10700k
Noctua U12A
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB (3200mhz)
Silverstone Prime PX 850w

Most of the day im running a professional finance software called Thomson Reuters EIKON. Could this be the issue?
Need to verify certain thing:
-What BIOS of Motherboard version you running on this PC?
-what kind Display Connection and Monitor Model you connect on, is it on Motherboard or GPU(if you have one)?

Suggestion:
First:
-go to Power Option via Control Panel ---> Change Plan Setting - Change Advance Power Setting
-Wireless Setting ---> Power Setting ---> change to Maximum Performance
-Intel Graphic ---> setting ----> Maximum Performance

Second:
-Access to BIOS via F2 for Asus-->Advance Mode (F7)--->Advance Tab---->System Agent--->Graphic Configuration----->if your Display is only from CPU itself, Primary Display (CPU Graphic). Press F10 to save and exit.

Last edited: