PC randomly freezes [SOLVED]

Fosterix

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
Please help goodfellas! I've built a new system like 7 motnhs ago, went with the mini ITX form factor, gigabyte z370n, 8700k, gtx 1080 (only componemt from older system), 16gb corsair vengeance, evga 750gq. Also i have recently reinstalled windows 10 (on ssd, registered product), maybe 2 motnhs ago. Everything was working buttery smooth, up until last 3-4 days. Namely, PC would just freeze randomly while browsing/watching youtube or some other streaming service or video player/gaming. When it happens, i am not even able to open task manager, nor would anything react when i mouse over something on toolbar (in case i could still move the cursor, sometimes i couldn't, or it would move in a weird slow and stuttering way). I push the reset button, and it boots up to the mobo logo screen only, but it still doesn't react to del/f9/f12 for bios, so i have to completely power it off in order to boot it normally. I switched back to normal from xtreme profile on memory (from 3000mhz to 2133) thinking that was causing the issue, but nothing changed.

I'm grateful for any helpful advice _/\_

Solution
Nice that you're up and running proper again.
It does seem a little strange (to me) that a BIOS update would fix that unless there was a software update that initialized the bug (very likely but still strange IMO).
Did you get your RAM clocked back to 3000 or are you leaving well enough alone there?

Fosterix

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
Thanks for the answer! Forgot to mention the case, it's corsair 380T, so it is not really that much mini ITX, airflow is really good, whole case is meshed. I have noctua nh-d9l, cpu is not OCed, and temps are around 65C on load (using HWinfo to check the temps). I cleaned the case 3+ months ago, got an electric air compressor, it's not dirty.
I believe it's something else.

Fosterix

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016

Seems like updating bios fixed the issue :) yipeeee!

Nice that you're up and running proper again.
It does seem a little strange (to me) that a BIOS update would fix that unless there was a software update that initialized the bug (very likely but still strange IMO).
Did you get your RAM clocked back to 3000 or are you leaving well enough alone there?

Solution