PC Randomly Freezes when I installed a Graphics Card

pooshin1213

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
So Im fairly New to this and I've placed a Graphics Card in a Pc (Ancient) that didnt used to have any, i think its using that integrated graphics thingy.

So when I installed My Graphics Card , a GTS 450, It can Run it but sometimes there are these mini and random freezes that happens for 3-7 secs.
It doesnt shut my Pc down though it will keep running after the freeze happens. Back when i dont have the graphics Card my Pc works fine i dunno whats the problem.
I've tried to reseat and reinstall the latest drivers but it still gives me the same problem.
Can Someone Help me?
Ive placed a graphic card here for the purpose of my brother playing casual games not heavy triple A Games

PC Specs:
mobo :FOXCONN 2A8C
Intel Pentium E6700 @ 3.20GHz
2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz
GPU: GTS 450 (its secondhand if that helps)
Graphics Intel G41 Express Chipset (HP)(dunno what this does so putting it just in case)
PSU: Cougar SL 500watts

I would appreciate all help :)

Solution
With using the IGP you'd have to turn settings down. This can keep you inside the 2GB limit. Try running with the 450, but turn everything down. Checking temps is always a good idea.

The 450 is a super old card now. It's possible that it's simply dying.
to be honest I don't know.

My first suspicion was the PSU. But the 450 only pulls about 120W, that can do 400+W on 12V and so should be ok even if it is poor, and cougar have made some OK PSU's.
Second thought, RAM, with only 2GB i'd see you starting to hit virtual memory (page file) very quickly, this could easily cause a freeze, why didn't you see it before? Don't know.
Third thought, temps, what temp and clockspeed is the CPU at when it stalls, it could be throttling down to avoid damage.
Forth thought, a fault on the GPU, it's second hand, it could just be a fault condition.

If it is not 2 or 3 then it is probably 4. Investigate 2 and 3.

pooshin1213

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Thank you for the Reply So uhhh i really am new to this when it comes to the RAM will i only hit Virtual memory because of the installation of the graphics card? I havent seen this problem with integrated before never froze on us when playing the same games my brother is playing now. I havent put any new games for him to play as well just the same old ones. I will Try to check temps Ill update later

4745454b

Titan
With using the IGP you'd have to turn settings down. This can keep you inside the 2GB limit. Try running with the 450, but turn everything down. Checking temps is always a good idea.

The 450 is a super old card now. It's possible that it's simply dying.

Solution

pooshin1213

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
So The Update
Ive been playing and just surfing the net like i usually when the freezing happened before but now nothing is happening
Cpu is running at 36C
Core Temps are around 50-54C
Gpu temp is around 38C
Clock speed if im not wrong is at 2.75 GHz if a game is running

Im Really confused now lol
The Freeze randomly Happens. It can happen when not gaming or just happens when browsing. It can happen once and be okay for the next hours and then it happens again some cases it happens every 30 mins or so

pooshin1213

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017

Will this also happen if im only surfing the net? cause ive seen it happen. i havent even open an app just chrome itself