Question PC RANDOMLY FREEZES WHEN IDLE

kokot123

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

I have a problem, my pc is freezing everyday like 5 times a day and only thing that i can do is to turn it off and on and then its working normally again. And this happens mostly when I am not doing anything on my pc and it is just running for example i am going somewhere for like 10 minutes, i come back and the pc is freezed, like my keyboard has led lightning so even the lightning is freezed. But I noticed that this problem isnt happening when i am at the computer, idk why but it happened just few times that it freezed right in front of me. Mostly when I am away.

I dont know if it could be like ram or something but i have suspicion that it will be ram because i had some problems because of that in past, like games were freezing because low memroy etc. my ram is 8 gb

Thank you for your help!

wroblo5

Commendable
Jul 19, 2019
Hi It could be your hard drive, an overheating CPU, bad memory or a failing power supply. I am assuming you are running Windows 10 ? First I would run chkdsk /f from command prompt, Cpu - download HWmonitor and check temperatures (although it should not be that one as you said it usually occur when it is idle). Memory check - in search box type --> Windows memory Diagnostic. Power supply you can swap with known good PSU to check if it is PSU.

kokot123

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
So I tried chkdsk /f, memory diagnostic, and im monitoring it now and no error was found or something, it still happens the same, only I dont have the option to change PSU, so idk what now