I recently build a brand new PC:
Asus Strix B550 (wifi)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
NZXT X53
Adata XPG D60G 16GB RAM
WD SN550 1TB
MSI RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Fractal Design Ion+ 660w

After using it for a few days it started randomly freezing when i would watch videos on chrome. This would start with the audio cutting out to my Bluetooth earbuds and my applications like chrome and discord slowly losing functionality. For a few moments after the freeze, I can still use my keyboard and mouse but after a while, they cease to function completely. The telltale sign for a freeze on my pc would coincide with the RGB connected to my motherboard freezing at the same time. My case fan that is not synced to RGB via armoury crate still cycles through its colours. Curiously this has never happened to me while gaming. Currently debating on brining it in to Canada Computers for a diagnostic test.
What i have tried:
reset windows (this stopped it from freezing for a day)
update to latest bios
run sfc scannow
stopped using bluetooth devices
uninstalled armoury crate
changed power settings from balanced to high performance

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jul 19, 2021
I dont know if it could be the cause but the recommended PSU for your card is 750w. Also, is your RAM on your motherboards QVL?
My ram is not on the motherboards QVL nor is my motherboard on my RAM QVL. Could this incompatibility actually cause system freezes? Also when it freezes the graphics card is not at 100% so i dont see how the PSU could be to blame.

My ram is not on the motherboards QVL nor is my motherboard on my RAM QVL. Could this incompatibility actually cause system freezes? Also when it freezes the graphics card is not at 100% so i dont see how the PSU could be to blame.
I cant say for sure that this could definitely be the cause but Ryzen's have always been fussy when it comes to RAM, Ive always played it, if it isnt on the motherboards QVL, i wont buy it. Same goes for your GPU recommended wattage, if you dont go by the recommendations, chances are it wont work properly.

Jul 19, 2021
I cant say for sure that this could definitely be the cause but Ryzen's have always been fussy when it comes to RAM, Ive always played it, if it isnt on the motherboards QVL, i wont buy it. Same goes for your GPU recommended wattage, if you dont go by the recommendations, chances are it wont work properly.

ok so i bought some compatible ram and used docp to run it at 3200mhz and it froze just now. I'm pretty sure this is a RAM problem, the system has never crashed when running at 2666mhz but i havent had enough time to test it.