Question PC randomly freezes with buzzing sound until restart

sarahcat

Prominent
Oct 25, 2018
Hi, so I recently updated to 2004 and ever since I've been having seemingly completely random hard freezes where my PC just locks up until I force restart with the power button. Usually these freezes are accompanied by that buzzing sound that you get when you BSOD, but sometimes it just freezes without any sound at all. No matter how many times I ctrl+alt+del or whatever, it just remains frozen until I force restart. I also think that the crashes get more frequent the longer the PC has been on, but that might just be coincidence.

I made a restore point before the update and it literally just deleted itself so I'm stuck here lmao, I've done a lot of googling and troubleshooting and nothing seems to fix the issue. I updated my bios, ran my mobo's driver utility, checked event viewer for errors, as well as a few other things that I found on google and can't really rememeber, but no luck. Any help would be super appreciated as I'm basically one step away from completely reformatting and reinstalling windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY