Question Pc randomly freezes

Jun 19, 2019
So my pc started freezing from time to time out of nowhere this is really frustrating because every time this happens when i play any multiplayer game i leave the match.
sometimes it happens 5 minutes in the game and some times a hour in the game.
my specs:
i5 2500k
gtx 1060 6gb
8gb ddr3
500gb kingston ssd
2tb samsung hdd

if you need any other specs please let me know

What do you mean by freeze? Do you have to force it to shut down? Is it a micro-freeze (small stutter/5-10 second complete lock-up)? Do you get any BSOD? Is it exclusive to games? Does it happen during video playback on sites such as YouTube? More information is always good for figuring out an issue that could be caused by a variety of reasons.

Okay try these things:
First remove any overclocks you may have your system and restore your BIOS settings to default. This will rule out an unstable overclock. If not overclocked just skip this.

1. Open an Administrator level command prompt and type: "sfc /scannow" without quotes and press enter. This will search for and fix corrupted windows system files.

2. Navigate to the Windows Update in the settings and make sure you are up to date.

3. Install Driver Booster from iobit.com - it is free. This can help fix incorrectly installed drivers and/or install missing drivers. Feel free to uninstall it after scanning and installing drivers after a reboot.

4. Run a full system virus scan from Windows Defender.

5. Uninstall all recently installed programs.

6. If you are still facing issues after trying the above steps, I would recommend either a system restore, or a fresh install of Windows 10.

Last. And if you are somehow still experiencing issues after trying everything above - then we will start testing your hardware for failing components.