[SOLVED] PC randomly freezes ?

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
Hi guys,
I have a freezing problem on my pc. Sometimes when browsing in chrome the pc freezes and restarts. It sometimes takes 2 days to freeze.

Here's myPC specs:

Monitor 165Hz Gamer 27" Dell S2721DGF
Intel® Core™ i9-11900K Processor 16M Cache, up to 5.30 GHz
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 - CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 Same Serie for all 4 sticks
RTX 3070ti Suprim X MSI - 8gb
Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GRAND RGB -750W
Icue h60i RGB Pro XT Liquid CPU Cooler
Kingston SSD A2000 1000GB 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe
Windows 11 (Build 1000.22000.469.0)

Please help me i don't know what to do

Solution
One of those 3rd party sellers? Maybe it's just me then... but I've ordered 3 different kits of ram - one Corsair LPX, and two G. Skill Ripjaws V - consisting of 4 dimms before, and each time, all 4 dimms were in the same plastic casing.
That was 3-5 years ago.
That's why I'm of the impression this seller sold you two, 2x 8GB kits. Even though it probably costs mere pennies, having it all in the same casing should be cheaper...

Mixed kits: Speed, timings, serial... all that does is increase the compatibility rate. It does not guarantee they will be stable - you have to do that part now.
Memtest86, and run it overnight, because the more ram you have, the longer it takes. 32GBs takes like 13 hours, and if there's even one error, or it...

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for the OS? As for your cooler...you should've bought a 360mm AIO as opposed to something as small as that...might even be worth stating that not having a cooler would've given you the same results. I suspect it's a thermal issue.

Use HWMonitor as see what your temps are after booting to OS GUI.

Reactions: rickypicky5

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
How old is the PSU in your build? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? Mind sharing where you sourced the installer for the OS? As for your cooler...you should've bought a 360mm AIO as opposed to something as small as that...might even be worth stating that not having a cooler would've given you the same results. I suspect it's a thermal issue.

Use HWMonitor as see what your temps are after booting to OS GUI.

Hi thank you for answer.

I bought this PSU in 2021 when i build this PC.

Website about PSU:
https://jp.thermaltake.com/C_00002989.htm?id=C_00002989 (japanese language because i bought this psu in japan)

My bios ver. 1202 (Release date 10/27/2021) lastest ver. Bios

I download ISO image in microsoft website

Yes it really is a weak cooler for this CPU but as I use it for lighter tasks it usually doesn't reach very high temperature.
I intend to buy another one as soon as I change my case to full tower

My temp in Idle use.

RHppmTe.png

My temp in stress test

rslm0Yu.png

Thank you very much

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
[VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 - CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 Same Serie for all 4 sticks]
Were they all in the same package or not?

I bought in the same ad from amazon and seller but came 2 sticks in each package. The code that is on the product are the same for the 4 stick

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
One of those 3rd party sellers? Maybe it's just me then... but I've ordered 3 different kits of ram - one Corsair LPX, and two G. Skill Ripjaws V - consisting of 4 dimms before, and each time, all 4 dimms were in the same plastic casing.
That was 3-5 years ago.
That's why I'm of the impression this seller sold you two, 2x 8GB kits. Even though it probably costs mere pennies, having it all in the same casing should be cheaper...

Mixed kits: Speed, timings, serial... all that does is increase the compatibility rate. It does not guarantee they will be stable - you have to do that part now.
Memtest86, and run it overnight, because the more ram you have, the longer it takes. 32GBs takes like 13 hours, and if there's even one error, or it freezes on you, then it has failed.

Solution