PC - Randomly freezing - have replaced almost every part yet it still happens

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rezan Patel

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Hey guys
i have owned my current pc for about two years .... every thing was fine about until 8 months ago where my pc would randomly hard hang and would require me to Hold the power button for atleast 5 seconds until it shutback down again ,

on event log it would show up as KERNEL- POWER 41 error

I found this weird because ever since that day my pc would freeze randomly lets say once in 30 mins or somethimes twice a hour and sometimes it would carry on working for 3 hours with out hanging, Before that for the past year and 2 months my pc would be working perfectly

The hangs would happen randomly sometimes at login screen , Some times at the WINDOWS loading screen before the loginscreen , when i would be playing games and even just idling

I have checked all my temperatures never goes above 50.C thats for all components graphics card CPU and motherboard. And mind you i have not installed any new harddrive or software , the problem just started randomly and on its own . i Run everything at stock and only use EVGA Precision X for my GPU fan as a tinker that is it .

All my parts are warrantied so i took it into the store , I replaced my Ram all 4 sticks Corsair vengance 16 gb 1600mhz , MY cpu also got replaced brand new i 2500k , My graphics card for a gtx 680 to a GTX 780 , Even my coolermaster GX 750 bronze to a seasonic 850 , As for the motherboard (p8z77-V ASUS) i sent it back to the service center and they informed me that it was working perfectly fine

Even after almost getting an almost new system the problem still occurs

i have read almost every single " pc freezing and hanging " forum out there on the internet and have tried every thing for the past 8 months to get my pc working , Disk check - Audio drivers , Reseating of cpu heatsink , Registry cleaner , I have even ran all virus tests countless of times , i have used almost every method given on forums or any help i could get

The only thing on my current rig that has no been replaced is my WD 2 TB green HD and my OCZ Vertex 120 GB which i have tried out both individually one unplugged while one is plugged both have windows installed and it still freezes.Could the problem be the HD and the SSD since they are the only parts which i have not switched out or got new

Help would be greatly appreciated as i have been desperately trying to get my Rig back working again as i would like to enjoy what i paid so much for , i hope this post is not long and boring but i honestly dont know what else to do - on top of everything the computer engineers who have looked at my pc have no idea what the problem is

The only thing i have not done is Reformat both my HD and SSD , or swapped them out for new ones could this be the problem ?

Thanks alot for your time and experience

CPU - i5 2500k
Ram - Corsair veng 16gb 1600mhz
MOBO - Asus p8z77-V
GPU - GEFORCE 780 - Asus
PSU - Almost brand new - 850 seasonic 80 plus
HHD - WD 2TB
SSD - OCZ vertex 2 - 120 gb
Case - Coolermaster HAF X