Pc randomly freezing

Damighty

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
so my pc has started playing up as of recently

was built by myself 2 years ago and has been fine up until the last few weeks.
symptoms are it will randomly freeze, first it started whilst i was streaming playerunknowns battlegrounds, but if i don't stream it i can play it fine.
then it started to freeze playing dead by daylight (no stream but before i could play dead by daylight no problem)

PC will also freeze if i bash my desk, no matter where i bash the desk it freezes, even if i bash the other end of the desk a good 1.5meters away.

Specs:

AMD FX8350 black
Asrock extreme9+
16gb corsair vengeance pro 1800mhz ram
1tb western digital black
asus gtx 970 strix
housed in a thermaltake commander msi snow edition
cpu is cooled with a corsair h80I v1 and arctic silver thermal paste (been like it for 2 years and never had an issue)

did a disk error check and had 1 error, it cleared the error and windows stopped working, fixed windows and it ran fine for about 3 days then everything starts crashing again.

any advice on what to do next would be helpful, i'm really starting to lose my rag with it

Rexer

Distinguished
Wow, If you keep bashing your desk, no will call. Lol. Those words in itself is the solution.
-Try this first. Go into your game and 'reset' the game or set the game to 'default settings'. I know this gonna sound weird but crashes are sometimes remembered like a game setting. When it finds the right trigger points, it crashes. It happens in Steam games a lot. Even if you do a clean uninstall/reinstall, Steam remembers your online game and programs a crash back in like a game setting. Reset' or going back to 'default' erases it. Make sure you write down your game setting before you do this.
Hope it helps.

Damighty

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017

Not a game setting as settings never been changed and it's suddenly appeared on several different games all at once.

As for the desk bashing I don't mean i actually smack my desk, like if you were to nudge my desk and it wobbled when getting out my chair it causes the issue