Question pc randomly freezing

Cubixty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
Hi guys ,

My PC is randomly freezing . I would just be on Chrome or playing something and just randomly freezes .I have to press the reset/restart button on my pc for it to work again .

Specs :
CPU : AMD FX-4300
GPU : GTX 770 Windforce
Mobo : MSI 970A-G46

Cubixty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
Hi guys ,

My PC is randomly freezing . I would just be on Chrome or playing something and just randomly freezes .I have to press the reset/restart button on my pc for it to work again .

Specs :
CPU : AMD FX-6300
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce
Mobo : MSI 970A-G46
PSU : Corsair TX-650M

Cubixty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
Just be careful, bumping isn't allowed on the forums.

HD Sentinel is for all storage devices, not just HDD. So still use is to check your SSD.
Have you verified if it occurs in safe mode?
Ok sorry , I think the only time it crashes is when Im doing games like Fortnite , Minecraft etc. The problem does not occur on safe mode and my SSD health is at 95% .

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The temperatures you mentioned earlier, is that the individual core temps of your CPU under load?
Overall package temp at idle isn't really useful.

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, sounds like it could be a driver.
Have you verified GPU and MB/Chipset drivers are up to date?

Cubixty

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
The temperatures you mentioned earlier, is that the individual core temps of your CPU under load?
Overall package temp at idle isn't really useful.

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, sounds like it could be a driver.
Have you verified GPU and MB/Chipset drivers are up to date?
I couldnt seem to find the download to the the Mobo drivers . It tells me to select my operating system then after that its just all blank

EDIT : Also at the time of the crash I found this in Event Viewer : The server {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. It happens several times within a space of a second .

EDIT 2 : Temperatures while playing fortnite were . 57 for the CPU and 55 for the GPU

Last edited: