Question PC Randomly Freezing

Daverick789

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
So, I upgraded my PC 2 months ago. Ever since, i've had problems with random freezes. The severity varies from long and unresponsive to intervals of about 1 sec but I have complete control of pc.

SPECS:
Ryzen 3800x
Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus
2080 Super
Corsair Rm 750 x PSU
Corsair LPX 3600 DDR4 RAM
500gig ssd and 2tb hdd

What I've Tried:

1. Reinstalled windows, twice. So, unless I somehow got a bad install that causes the exact same problem twice in a row, I doubt it's a software issue.

2. Changed Ram. Problem persists.

3. Checked the temps of my components when the freezing wasn't that severe, nothing abnormal.

4. Used various hard drivesoftwares to check my ssd and hdd. No errors.

5. Made sure all drivers are up to date.

6. GPU isn't the problem since it came from my previous build where there were no issues.

7. Checked event viewer around the time of freeze. No errors around this time.

8. Updated bios.

At this point, I'm assuming a mobo, cpu, or psu issue. I don't see how the psu could be randomly freezing my pc, so I'm leaning towards the mobo and cpu. I wanna be sure though before I RMA either. I should note that on the most recent freeze, after I reset my pc and it booted back up, the keyboard was unresponsive(corsair k70). I had to replug it and it was unresponsive for about 10 seconds before starting up. Can a keyboard freeze your pc?

Last edited:

Daverick789

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
motherboard model?
latest bios?
cpu/gpu temp on idle and on load?
ram/ssd/hdd usage?
Asus x570 Tuf gaming, running the latest bios.

Cpu idle is 47 degrees C, load is 78 degrees C.
Gpu is 36 degree C Idle, never exceeds 82 degrees on load.

Ram usage is at 42%.

What do you mean by ssd and hdd usage? How much storage they have left? SSD has 75% of it's storage free, hdd has 32% of it's storage. I also run all my games off the hdd, while programs and basically everything else is off the ssd.

Last edited: