PC randomly giving (wrong) keyboard inputs

nathan.maes2918

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
This started about a week ago. And basically what happens is that everytime I launch my PC about 20 to 30 min goes by until my pc completely starts freaking out, when I'm on chrome the inspect panel on the right pops up, my windows thing on the bottom right starts opening and closing. If I'm watching a video on youtube it will pause it and mute it randomly. A weird option prompt comes up that I've never seen before, and this little option prompt will just spam the fuck out of me, constantly opening and closing, alt tabbing any other program that is running in the foreground in the process. ( https://imgur.com/gallery/FBFig6s )Whenever I select a place where I can type in it starts spamming 8. and more random but infrequent things happen.

I figured this was a fault in my keyboard, but then I tried a different keyboard and I had the exact same problem although it did take a bit longer for the problem to manifest. Then after that I unplugged any keyboard and just used the onscreen keyboard for a temporary fix, but it turns out even that is broken. While it doesn't press any keys on its own, a lot of the inputs are changed. For example E is just logging out (which is really annoying because then I can't even type the password to log in), P is that weird option prompt I talked about before, O is opening the windows run command. U just seemed to have stopped working entirely. There's probably a lot more keys that are broken but I just gave up after a while.

The way this started wasn't slowly or anything, 1 day it was working and the next day when I came home it started freaking out. I don't remember doing anything special the night before.

I checked CPU overheating but that seemd to be fine, around 60C. I don't think it's anything else overheating since this happens even when I'm just browsing the internet.

Don't know if this will help but, the keyboard I was using when this started happening was a Logitech G610.

Windows 7

Specs:
GTX 1080
Z87 Motherboard
i7-4770 3.5 GHz
2x DDR3 8 GB Corsair
EVGA 750 G2

Solution

OK, do the repeat scans in Safe Mode show any of the same files coming back, that you already quarantined ?

If so, your choices are a full system wipe, or heading over the bleepingcomputer.com and asking their experts for help. They will talk you through downloading and using a suite of programs to help identify the problem and eliminate it.
There are...

nathan.maes2918

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion, but I installed Walmarebytes, did a scan, put everything in quarantine, scanned again, 0 threats detected, booted PC back up. Still the same problem. Tried booting in safe mode after that and still had the same problem.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016

OK, do the repeat scans in Safe Mode show any of the same files coming back, that you already quarantined ?

If so, your choices are a full system wipe, or heading over the bleepingcomputer.com and asking their experts for help. They will talk you through downloading and using a suite of programs to help identify the problem and eliminate it.
There are much stronger AV programs than MWB, but they can completely screw up your system if not used correctly.

There is a (very) small chance this is a hardware failure, in which case nothing is going to fix it.

Solution

nathan.maes2918

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017

Would rather not do a full system wipe, tried restoring my system to a couple days before the problem started occuring, That also didn't seem to work, will now try contacting bleepingcomputers.

Thanks for all the suggestions.