Pc randomly goes to sleep and disconnects from wifi

Sladetech

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
My Windows 8 asus x551ma will randomly go to sleep while im in the middle of a game or anything else.After i wake it up it i would see it connecting back to my wifi.It does this at random intervals and its VERYYYYY ANNOYING.Sometimes right after i wake it up it would go right back to sleep again.I changed the power settings to never sleep.Nothing works and im kinda getting pissed.RLLY PISSED. btw my pc is windows 8 i ran a scan on my firewall and it has no viruses or threats.Also it also goes to sleep when i move the pc,if i move the screen back or foward or if i move the laptop itself it will go to sleep sometimes.Its sensitive idek why

starscream27

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
hello,
First of all open Control panel and then Device Manager, expand Network Adapters, right-click the wireless adapter > Properties > Power Management, and then clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
Secondly, as you said you already disabled the Sleep mode in the Power settings. Keep it disabled. Open Control Panel, then go to Personalization and click on the Screensaver (it's in the bottom-right corner of the window). Un-check this box. Better yet disable the screensaver all together by setting it to "None"

Hope it helps

Sladetech

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

Sad thing was i did all of this btw i forgot to add it goes to sleep when i move the pc a bit