Question PC randomly is unable to connect with my HDMI cable and my USB ports

kmyszak667

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
So i was playing some Ark Survival Evolved for about two hours and then suddently, my screen goes black, mouse doesnt work, volume stops playing through my headset and keyboard stop working. these are all ports that stopped working. I am out of ideas. Maybe somebody has the same or similar situation that could help me out please. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

kmyszak667

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
Specs:
CPU AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nvidia MSI 970
Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming
PSU: Corsair CX 650M
Temps were stable before the issue occured. Also I purchased a new PSU recently because the previous one have burned out. Also the PC was being delivered by a delivery service and from inspection, it seemed that they were throwing it about sadly because I found cracks on my PC case. However once I plugged in my new PSU, the PC ran just fine. Now, the PC turns on and all fans are working apart from display and usb ports

kmyszak667

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
Specs:
CPU AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nvidia MSI 970
Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming
PSU: Corsair CX 650M
Temps were stable before the issue occured. Also I purchased a new PSU recently because the previous one have burned out. Also the PC was being delivered by a delivery service and from inspection, it seemed that they were throwing it about sadly because I found cracks on my PC case. However once I plugged in my new PSU, the PC ran just fine. Now, the PC turns on and all fans are working apart from display and usb ports
Windows 10
8GB ram
1 TB hard drive
128gb SSD
Cooler master CPU fan
Temps are 32 °C when on and 51-58°C while gaming

kmyszak667

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
Okay, so after playing around with it for hours, i managed to fix The USB ports issue however the GPU display port still desnt recognise the monitor.

UPDATE
I Managed to get both ports working somehow however the after 5 minutes of the PC working, it froze and the display and USB ports stopped working and whenver I tried to turn it back on, I was basically at square one again...

Last edited: