[SOLVED] PC randomly looses all power

Apr 2, 2020
Hello,

I´m pretty upset at the moment. My pc had a lot of issues recently while only being just over 1 year old. I had issues with my pc that started to shut down completely as if it lost all power all of a sudden. One day it didnt wanna boot up anymore, so I started trying stuff. Ones I removed 1 ramstick it would boot up without any problems. But it was still very likely to crash a few hours later. The PC also crashed ones you plugged in a USB phone charger. I mailed asrock the people who made my mobo and they replied its very likely my CPU memory controller is broken so I replaced the cpu within warranty. The problems still persisted. So I replaced my mobo after, since I assumed my mobo was damaged if it wouldn´t let me use it with the ram sticks. But now it still crashes. So do you guys think its a compatibility issue? A faulty PSU, a faulty SSD, or a faulty GPU.
Or software issues. (even though I formatted my ssd 2 times and reinstalled windows twice.

Specs:
cpu ryzen 2600 (on auto)
gpu 1660ti (not overclocked)
mobo asrock b450 gaming k4
ssd crucial p1
PSU coolermaster mwe gold (650w)
RAM: CMW16GX4M2C3000C15 (running at 2133 instead of 3000)
(the ram and ssd are not in the supported hardware list of the mobo)

My pc doesnt blue screen, It looks the same as switching the power off it just shutsdown instantly and I hear a clicking sound wich it always makes while shutting down.

Last edited:
Solution
So when you say "it still crashes", you actually mean it cut power ?

I'd guess on a faulty PSU. It should be the cheapest part to replace. If that doesn't help, you may turn your attention on the GPU.
Apr 2, 2020

I'd guess on a faulty PSU. It should be the cheapest part to replace. If that doesn't help, you may turn your attention on the GPU.

It looks like its overheating. After it crashes ones it keeps crashing right after startup. So I put windows in balanced instead of high performance and max cpu utility to 95%. In HWmonitor my PSU is looking very stable between 12,2 and 12,3 volts.
My CPU peaked at 56 degrees C while doing a virus scan. (wich looks high)

Apr 2, 2020

forgot to mention to I let a local PC shop look at it who suspected the mobo to be faulty. After that replaced it within warranty and same problems.