Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
So I built a PC about April last year:

i7 9700k
16GB RAM
Z390 AORUS PRO
RTX 2070 Super

Since building it- it has its sprees of randomly losing power and restarting, it can not happen for months and then happen twice or three times a day for about a week. (when i say randomly I mean literally randomly, under load or idling..)

I have RMA'd the PSU and motherboard, as well as the GPU and yet no improvement, i'm out of idea's as to what could be the culprit here...

In event viewer it shows "Event 41, Kernel-power (63)" which doesn't point to any thing useful...

I have tried switching sockets that the PC is plugged into but it still shows no improvement, I can confidently say it's not got anything to do with the wiring of the circuit in the house as there is another PC being used on the same breaker which doesn't experience any losses of power...

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Jul 17, 2020
Ok, so even idk and just guessing here, What is the status of the CPU? Are you facing any other major errors or malfunctions? Maybe it's possible that CPU might be the culprit here. But again if something was damaged, there would have been other problems. There might be a problem with PSU cable and the position that you have kept in? Is the cable stretching maybe a loose cable? The best bet would be to try another PSU if you have anything lying around, maybe don't connect GPU or something. Try and remove components from the MB and then try booting. I too am guessing lol try and troubleshoot as mentioned it might work.

Jul 17, 2020
Ok, so even idk and just guessing here, What is the status of the CPU? Are you facing any other major errors or malfunctions? Maybe it's possible that CPU might be the culprit here. But again if something was damaged, there would have been other problems. There might be a problem with PSU cable and the position that you have kept in? Is the cable stretching maybe a loose cable? The best bet would be to try another PSU if you have anything lying around, maybe don't connect GPU or something. Try and remove components from the MB and then try booting. I too am guessing lol try and troubleshoot as mentioned it might work.
Yeah I think the CPU might be the culprit, I tried it with another PSU and still the same issue, the PSU cables aren't being stretched (internal and external ones) I think RMAing the CPU is my best option here tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.