PC randomly loses signal on monitor

Oct 28, 2018
My pc randomly loses signal on monitor but the pc is still running, but after a few seconds theres bzzing sound. I dont know if its because of over heating or hardware problems. This naturally happens when I play games.

PC specs
Intel core i3 8100
Msi Z370 Pro Gaming Carbon AC
Msi Rx 480 8gb Gaming X
Thermaltake smart rgb 700w
Team T force delta rgb 2x4gb 2666mhz
Seagate 1 tb
Toshiba 500gb(os installed here)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Well for starters, your PSU isn't very good. In fact, it's one of the ones that is recommended NOT to buy for a gaming PC.
Especially since you're using an AMD card and AMD cards are notorious for having high power consumption to run and with a PSU that isn't very good at delivering that power consistently and properly, you're bound to run into issues.

However, we can troubleshoot a couple of other things first.

Question 1:
Are you overclocking your GPU?
If so, your overclock may not be stable and I would recommend to drop back to defaults and try it again with proper and thorough stability testing after you've confirmed it works like it should when at defaults.

If not overclocking your GPU, try underclocking it.

If that doesn't work, then the next thing is to run temp monitoring software for your GPU while you play your games and see what the temps get up to before it goes black screen.

For in game monitoring, I suggest using RivaTuner which you can install on it's own or you can have installed along with MSI Afterburner.

Also, what connection type are you using on your card to connect to the monitor?