Question PC Randomly losing signal to monitors

Mar 29, 2023
Whenever im using my PC there is a chance it loses signal to both monitors, both monitors flash and go black, the pc stays running and every now and then when it happens i hear an error message in the background. ive tried using shadowplay instant replay to record what happened and see what the error message says but it dosent work. As i said, my PC stays running, but i cant get display to the monitors again without restarting my PC.
All my parts are fairly new,
CPU - R7 5800x Ive had for nearly a month, the problem has been going longer than this
GPU - EVGA RTX3070
RAM - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance Pro
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Gen3
PSU - I think its corsair, 650W white

Ive tried reinstalling drivers, all my drivers are up to date, none of my pc parts are running at a high temp or usage, my GPU sits below 55 degrees and my CPU sits at high 60 low 70 when under load, ive tried all i could find on the internet and im still not sure what the problem is.

i used to have the same problems except it would happen when i even slightly bumped my desk, that issue was resolved by changing the PCIE cables as the other ones were loose and broken somehow.

Any and all help is appreciated. thank you.

DSzymborski

Titan
Whenever im using my PC there is a chance it loses signal to both monitors, both monitors flash and go black, the pc stays running and every now and then when it happens i hear an error message in the background. ive tried using shadowplay instant replay to record what happened and see what the error message says but it dosent work. As i said, my PC stays running, but i cant get display to the monitors again without restarting my PC.
All my parts are fairly new,
CPU - R7 5800x Ive had for nearly a month, the problem has been going longer than this
GPU - EVGA RTX3070
RAM - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance Pro
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Gen3
PSU - I think its corsair, 650W white

Ive tried reinstalling drivers, all my drivers are up to date, none of my pc parts are running at a high temp or usage, my GPU sits below 55 degrees and my CPU sits at high 60 low 70 when under load, ive tried all i could find on the internet and im still not sure what the problem is.

i used to have the same problems except it would happen when i even slightly bumped my desk, that issue was resolved by changing the PCIE cables as the other ones were loose and broken somehow.

Any and all help is appreciated. thank you.

Gotta know what the exact PSU is. But off-hand, I can't think of any PSU that didn't even qualify for 80 Plus Bronze rating that has the least bit of business ever being connected to any of the parts listed. Hopefully it's at least a Corsair VS; it would still need to be replaced as it's a wholly unappropriate matchup with these specs, but there's less chance it's damaged anything than, say, an EVGA N1 or W1.