Question PC Randomly Rebooting During Games.

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, this is my first post on Tom's Hardware so i apologise if i miss something, in the last 3-4 days my PC has decided to reboot randomly 3 times while gaming, once while playing War Thunder, twice playing Cyberpunk, the first 2 times were exactly the same , everything stopped, a blue box appears in the bottom right, (presumably having something to do with the "activate windows" watermark) then it restarts, the last time which was like half an hour ago it just abrubtly restarted during Cyberpunk. I have played at least 8 hours of games throughout this time span, with sessions as long as 3 hours on CSGO, with no noticeable issues. On the first restart, when it was turning on there was apparently a drive error with my SSD, after doing the windows repair thing, it hasn't showed up since. My only idea for what is happening has something to do with the NVIDIA, driver i installed 4 days ago but i don't really know, temps are relatively fine and after the restart nothing seems wrong. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

PC Hardware;
CPU- Ryzen 5 2600
GPU- GTX 1660 Super
Motherboard- GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Elite
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MH/z
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB SSHD
PSU- Corsair CX 650

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the system reboots when the system is taxed, then the issue often times is either due to thermals or that your PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power for the entire system under load.

How old is the PSU? Grey or green labelled PSU from Corsair? Which OS version are you on? 20H2 or older? Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall using the latest drivers off of Nvidia's support site.

Current BIOS version for your motherboard?

Mar 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the system reboots when the system is taxed, then the issue often times is either due to thermals or that your PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power for the entire system under load.

How old is the PSU? Grey or green labelled PSU from Corsair? Which OS version are you on? 20H2 or older? Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall using the latest drivers off of Nvidia's support site.

Current BIOS version for your motherboard?
Thanks for the reply, the PSU is about 3 and a half years old, i have no clue about the labelling, i am on Windows 10, i don't have 20h2 yet but i will download it now and then will try reinstalling my NVIDIA drivers, i struggle to beleive it is a power supply issue because war thunder isn't the most demanding game for my PC, but idk.