[SOLVED] PC randomly rebooting only when playing a game. NOT overheated!

nielsklink31

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
[CPU] - Intel i5-8400 (Scythe Mugen 5 fan)
[GPU] - NVIDIA GTX 1060
[MOBO] - Gigabyte Z390 UD
[PSU] - CoolerMaster 500W
[HDD] - Seagate 1TB
[RAM] - 1x 8GB Corsair
+1 Case Fan

Alright guys, I’m in trouble here..

I bought all components for a brand new PC, and installed them myself.
Everything runs fine, no booting problems or whatever.

I’m able to keep my PC running all day when idle without a problem, but once I run a game like Battlefront II, all goes wrong. 10 minutes in my game and my PC randomly reboots. All components are at 30/40 degrees, and I even opened my case cover and put 2 extra fans facing the inside. Overheating is NOT the issue!

I’ve ran a test online to calculate how much Watt my PC needs, and it comes down to around 330W, whilst my PSU has 500, thus doubting that is the issue aswell.

I can’t find people with the exact same problem on here or anywhere else, so I am extremely desperate.
After spending up to atleast 800€ on this, I need it to work properly!

Any help regarding this issue is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Niels

Solution
Could be either:

1.Faulty GPU
2. Faulty PSU

Remove GPU and stress test it in friend's PC with reputable stress testing software such as 3D Mark Firestrike. If GPU works okay under stress in friend's PC, then it's your PSU.

nielsklink31

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017

I've been running it for 35 minutes now, and no reboots yet..
EDIT: Stopped after 1h 45 minutes. No reboots..?

nielsklink31

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
UPDATE: I’ve been running a different, less heavy game, and my PC hasnt rebooted for an hour now. Seems as if the problem lies with the game, or atleast the requirements. The game causing a reboot is Battlefront II

Feb 17, 2019
I have also been having this same issue and I doubt its that game specifically because when i play a game like garrys mod it does not happen very much but when i play a game like war thunder it happens much more frequently. I've been trying to get to the bottom of this for a while. I seem to have the exact same problem as you.

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
Could be either:

1.Faulty GPU
2. Faulty PSU

Remove GPU and stress test it in friend's PC with reputable stress testing software such as 3D Mark Firestrike. If GPU works okay under stress in friend's PC, then it's your PSU.

Solution

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
If it doesnt show blue screen its 80% the psu...Try switching slots of your ram.Also when you play a game run some kind of program that indicates usage (afterburner or something) to see temperatures and crap...