Question PC Randomly rebooting

Feb 5, 2021
Hi, as the title says my PC started randomly rebooting occasionally while playing/starting games, until today it did that 3 times in a row while I was actually trying to figure out what the problem was while I was on chrome/desktop. At first, I thought it was a temperature-related issue with my CPU/GPU, so I used afterburner to check temps and although I still have my stock cooler on my CPU it never really goes beyond 80 degrees, same for my GPU; also, I totally discarded the temperature idea cuz of the randoms reboots I got today while doing literally nothing. This morning I updated my bios, hoping it could fix something, but it didn't so I tried to check the general voltage of my RAM, CPU, etc with HWinfo (I'll link them at the bottom of the post)but I'm not sure what to look at or notice anything odd regarding my PSU, even tho that's my main concern.

Regarding my current build I got:
PSU-> Corsair CX550 Bronze
Motherboard-> Asus Prime B450M-A-II
CPU-> Ryzen 5 3600
GPU-> Gtx 1070 Asus Dual OC
RAM-> Crucial Ballistix 2 x 8gb DDR4 3200 Mhz
SSD-> Crucial Mx300 525Gb
HDD-> WD Caviar Green 2 TB 5400 RPM / Seagate 1 TB 7200 RPM
CASE-> CoolerMaster Silencio 452

Those are the info I managed to get from HWinfo just before it restarted once again before I turned it off, I also would like to add that I got no BSOD or errors while those reboots happened.
Final notes, I've been trying to solve this for a few days now, and tried also some stress tests that gave me no clue on what the problem might be except for my PSU, thanks in advance to anyone that will read this and help me out! :)

Edit: I also want to add that in the last few months for some weird reasons one of the 2 fans of my 1070 stopped working, and when i tried to push the card a bit higher before the pc was turned on, it would actually work too for a small amount of time. Could it be related to psu too?

Hi, as the title says my PC started randomly rebooting occasionally while playing/starting games, until today it did that 3 times in a row while I was actually trying to figure out what the problem was while I was on chrome/desktop. At first, I thought it was a temperature-related issue with my CPU/GPU, so I used afterburner to check temps and although I still have my stock cooler on my CPU it never really goes beyond 80 degrees, same for my GPU; also, I totally discarded the temperature idea cuz of the randoms reboots I got today while doing literally nothing. This morning I updated my bios, hoping it could fix something, but it didn't so I tried to check the general voltage of my RAM, CPU, etc with HWinfo (I'll link them at the bottom of the post)but I'm not sure what to look at or notice anything odd regarding my PSU, even tho that's my main concern.

Regarding my current build I got:
PSU-> Corsair CX550 Bronze
Motherboard-> Asus Prime B450M-A-II
CPU-> Ryzen 5 3600
GPU-> Gtx 1070 Asus Dual OC
RAM-> Crucial Ballistix 2 x 8gb DDR4 3200 Mhz
SSD-> Crucial Mx300 525Gb
HDD-> WD Caviar Green 2 TB 5400 RPM / Seagate 1 TB 7200 RPM
CASE-> CoolerMaster Silencio 452

Those are the info I managed to get from HWinfo just before it restarted once again before I turned it off, I also would like to add that I got no BSOD or errors while those reboots happened.
Final notes, I've been trying to solve this for a few days now, and tried also some stress tests that gave me no clue on what the problem might be except for my PSU, thanks in advance to anyone that will read this and help me out! :)

Edit: I also want to add that in the last few months for some weird reasons one of the 2 fans of my 1070 stopped working, and when i tried to push the card a bit higher before the pc was turned on, it would actually work too for a small amount of time. Could it be related to psu too?
Rebooting during gaming is usually a problem with the PSU

Feb 5, 2021
use occt and stress test psu the 12 volt line look out of specs see this https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583
Sorry for the late reply, yesterday I did run an occt test and nothing happened, I'm running an extreme one rn, and the voltage info I'm getting is 12V: MAX 11.97, MIN 11,18 - 5V: MAX 4.96, MIN 4.93, that should be fine? Also yesterday I used DDU to clean and reinstall GPU driver and the restart didn't occur yet, even tho I really would like to be sure my PSU is fine and not dying!
Edit: Temperature-wise, my CPU during the test is doing fine at 80 degrees, considering I'm still running the stock cooler.

Feb 5, 2021
Update, I tried for a whole day the 1070 in another pc and didn't reboot once, so I proceeded to get a new PSU an EVGA 650 BQ, I'll update as soon as i try it tomorrow and see if the problem is solved!

Actually you are right, even tho my 24 months warranty expired, i should check if i got additional one from corsair.

Here is the info. Yours has a 5 years warranty. Corsair has amazing warranty.

Power Supply Units (PSUs)
  • AX Series PSUs:
    • Models with Gold or Platinum efficiency have a 7-year warranty
    • AX850 and AX1000 Titanium-rated PSUs have a 10-year warranty
  • AXi Series PSUs have a 10-year warranty
  • CS Series PSUs have a 3-year warranty
  • CS-M Series PSUs have a 3-year warranty
  • CV Series PSUs have a 3-year warranty
  • CX and CX-M Series PSU Models:
    • Wattages of 400W, 430W, 500W, and 600W have a 3-year warranty
    • Wattages of 450W, 550W, 650W, 750W, and 850W have a 5-year warranty
  • GS Series PSUs have a 3-year warranty
  • HX Series PSUs:
    • Models with Platinum efficiency have a 10-year warranty
    • Models HX520W, HX620W, and HX1000W have a 5-year warranty
    • All other HX Series Models have a 7-year warranty
  • HXi Series PSUs have a 10-year warranty
  • RM Series PSUs:
    • Models produced before 2019 have a 5-year warranty
    • Models produced 2019 and newer have a 10-year warranty
  • RMi Series PSUs have a 10-year warranty
  • RMx Series PSUs have a 10-year warranty
  • SF Series PSUs have a 7-year warranty
  • TX Series PSUs:
    • Models with Gold efficiency have a 7-year warranty
    • All other TX Series PSUs have a 5-year warranty
  • Vengeance Series PSUs have a 5-year warranty
  • VS Series PSUs have a 3-year warranty
  • VX Series (Models VX450 and VX550) have a 5-year warranty

Feb 5, 2021
Update: with the new PSU installed, the pc gave me 0 problems, and actually checking the 12V again something changed. The corsair had a MIN of 11.314 and MAX of 11.641 last time I checked before turning it off eventually, whereas the EVGA now got more than 12 in both MIN and MAX. Now, I'm definitely not an expert on voltage, but I assume those different values mean something right?

Update: with the new PSU installed, the pc gave me 0 problems, and actually checking the 12V again something changed. The corsair had a MIN of 11.314 and MAX of 11.641 last time I checked before turning it off eventually, whereas the EVGA now got more than 12 in both MIN and MAX. Now, I'm definitely not an expert on voltage, but I assume those different values mean something right?

The 12V was pretty low on the other one. Doesn't mean the 12V was the issue but it was showing that the PSU at least had an issue somewhere. I'm glad it was the PSU and your issue is fixed now :)

Reactions: Itchy Samurai