Question PC randomly reboots after glitch

Oct 14, 2022
Hi guys,

i have a custom built PC and used it with a RTX3090 a year ago. I then sold the 3090 and used my old GTX770 just for office stuff.

3 days ago I wanted to go back to gaming and got myself a Asus RTX3060 Dual.

I used it the first 2 days without a problem.
CoD, CSGO, everything was perfect.

Today, after my first round of CoD (exactly when it ended and the lobby should be loading) my PC froze and showed me many glitches on a screen that were square shaped, it rebooted after.

After rebooting, it does the same thing.
Everytime it reboots the time of it running smoothly gets shorter.

I already opened the PC because i thought that the GPU wasn‘t fully connected but that‘s not the problem.

Overheating doesn‘t seem to be the problem either.

So does anyone know what to do?

Picture of the glitches:

Vlib76Y.jpg

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Mmm.... That happened to me too, like 1 year ago... After days of troubleshooting, i found out it was a problem with the RAM... Try checking your RAM...

Press The Windows key + R And type mdsched.exe and click enter. This will run windows memory diagnostics...

Hope this works...? :rolleyes:

Oct 14, 2022
The GPU was new.

I realizied that everytime it happens, it sets my Monitors as speakers even when deactivated before.

Every like 3rd reboot the monitors don‘t get any signal and stay off aswell. I have to do a manual shutdown or they will stay off.
The same thing happens everytime I try to run mdsched.
I replugged them already but it doesn‘t change anything.

My next guess is that the GPU is broken, but it‘s brand new and I didn‘t change anything.

Oct 14, 2022
So it‘s definitely the card.

I used my 770 for the day and it was running perfect, my RAM is fine.

Resinstalled all drivers for the 3060, plugged it in and the problem reappeared.

I‘m just gonna return it tomorrow.